11 August 2011

Rain

With the typical British Summertime in full effect there hasn't been much opportunity to venture outside recently. I haven't yet tried operating in the rain, and I guess I'm a bit reluctant to subject an expensive model to the perils of the weather. However, progress has been made with the purchase of the final item of rolling stock (until the next one), a Class 121/122 Bubblecar DMU. I was on the lookout for the Bachmann brass one, but with prices starting around £350 they proved too dear for my pocket. So a trawl through ebay uncovered a kit built Bubblecar (possibly Westdale?) and this was duely purchased for half what the Bachmann one would go for. It's a little rough around the edges, but a runner, so will be taken apart, repainted and fitted with DCC. Uhlenbrock do a generic DMU sound chip so I'll see if I can get hold of one of those. Pictures to follow.