24 May 2011

Loop!

Despite the blustery weather over the weekend a final push was made to complete the track laying and finally have a full loop around the garden. A momentous occasion, and I was fully intending to lay a 'golden spike' where the final sections joined up, but couldn't find the brass pin I'd set aside many months ago for this purpose! I managed to run all three of my currently DCC'd locos round a few loops before the weather decided I'd had enough excitement for one weekend and started raining on my parade. Next phase will be to link up the inside and outside sections for a full testing session to make sure all electrics operate, but it's looking good so far. A couple of new photos have been added on the right hand side of the 03 completing the first full loop and the 03 and 33 passing at the site of the outside station.