06 January 2009

New Years Resolution

Well 2009 has begun, and with it the opportunity to make ludicrously unachievable predictions and well meaning commitments. With my sensible head on I resolve to lay at least one section of track in the outside world this year, although with my optimistic head a full loop of the garden is not beyond the bounds of possibility... Anyway, Santa was kind and a new locomotive has joined the fleet - and we're definitely moving up in the world of O Gauge ready-to-run - a Bachmann Brassworks 03 in BR Blue has been purchased. Pictures will follow soon, once I decide which locomotive to model. 03078 is the current favourite as this loco is preserved nearby at the Stephenson Railway Museum and was allocated to my local shed Gateshead for much of it's career. Not sure how this fits with two southern orientated class 33's but I'm not sure that I'm particularly bothered by the complicated geography.